Thursday, May 14, 2009

Importance of Goal Setting

Goal setting is an important part of making progress no matter what you are trying to do. Small incremental steps are needed to both boost confidence and to measure progress. No company can go from nothing to a powerhouse overnight. There are a multitude of tiny steps in between. This is how we run our company. We know that we aren't the most successful company on the planet, but we have a vision in our heads of where we want to be in 2 years. The only way to reach that huge goal is to set smaller goals along the way for us to achieve. I like to think of it as a ladder. If you're climbing a ladder up to a high point, you can't take one step and skip the rest to the top. It's impossible to do this with a ladder, and it's impossible to do this in business. There is no easy way to reach the top; it takes hard work and discipline.

A similar way that I look at goal setting is in weightlifting. Weightlifting is a hobby that I have enjoyed now for over a year. It's lots of fun and it keeps me in shape. Goal setting is a crucial part of any weightlifter's training. If I wanted to lift a heavy weight that was beyond my ability, I can't just lift it anyway. My body simply won't allow me to do this. The way I can do it is to lift slightly heavier weights each time until my muscles have adapted sufficiently. These smaller increases are goals that lead me to my much bigger goals. Each time I reach these smaller goals, my confidence increases and it drives me to my ultimate goal. This can be applied to sports, business or anything else in life. I feel this confidence drive me in business. When I set a goal of increasing the number of people in my network by 10 in one month, and I make it, it makes me wonder if I can do even better. I find myself wanting to top myself each and every time. Every small goal that I achieve gives me more drive to do better.

My name is Jason Grass and I am co-owner of Virtual Workforce. I have over seven years of administrative support experience. My marketing, communication and computer skills help me to assist my wife, Kimberly, in providing the best quality service to our clients. I am a New Hampshire Realtor and I have an MBA.

Jason Grass
Virtual Workforce LLC
"Let Us Lighten the Load"
Newmarket, NH 03857
Phone: (603)292-5716
E-mail: jgrass@virtualwf.com
Website: http://www.virtualwf.com
Blog: http://www.vworkforce.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment